Dear Valued Members and Friends,
Christmas is all around us, the branches of our tree are gleaming with beautiful decorations; the nativity scene is glowing in its spirit of grace. At America’s Christian Credit Union (ACCU), we are celebrating! We have such good news to share about our joyous participation in numerous community events in Glendora, CA, home to our main office, and the announcement of a new vision for growth in 2017.
I am so proud of the ACCU team’s gracious giving and willingness to volunteer, often during their free time, to bless others during the holiday season. November and December have been packed and the team has been tireless:
- We hosted the annual ADOPT ("A Day of Prayer Together") event celebrating and praying for more than 100 families we have assisted over the past year through our transformative Adoption Loan Program.
- Ten employees volunteered for a day at the San Bernardino County Courthouse, celebrating with 65 soon-to-be families as they patiently waited to make their adoptions official.
- With Together We Rise (TWR), a non-profit organization, the ACCU team pitched in again and provided 30 durable duffle bags named “Sweet Cases” for foster children, most of whom would otherwise use a flimsy, disposable trash bag, to keep their belongings in as they travel from home to home. Many sported hand-drawn designs of Disney characters done by our Senior Graphic Designer Maher Bahhur.
- For the Glendora Community Coordinating Council's Annual Holiday Basket Program, we donated non-perishable goods to local food banks.
- Many also volunteered at the LA Dream Center's Annual Thanksgiving Turkey giveaway, helping Pastor Matthew Barnett and his team distribute frozen turkeys and the trimmings to families in need this holiday season.
- Through the generous donations of our staff we were able to spread the joy of Christmas by providing 50 at-risk children with presents during the Olive Crest Wish Slip Drive.
Drumroll, please. In the midst of all this holiday activity we’ve been working diligently and have just put the final touches on our newly redesigned mobile-friendly website, americaschristiancu.com. By renovating and optimizing the website, we are able to get you what you need in fewer clicks. Along with that, we updated important features, refreshed design, and better configured this tool to help us partner with your Kingdom goals more effectively. We will continue to communicate with you over the next month and into 2017 as we roll out more new features and services.
During the recent Board Planning Retreat, a new vision was cast for growth through service that not only impacts, but transforms communities. As The Financial Partner for Cultural Impact, ACCU is pursuing financial partnerships that empower Christian leaders, equip Christians and engage them in service, and tackle poverty and injustice in our communities. This is the new focus of our mission; To Reach, Serve and Teach. The feedback from key partners and our ACCU team has been overwhelmingly positive and we will have much more to share in the New Year.
Finally, your credit union membership gives you the privilege of taking part in our annual election. There are two vacancies on the Board of Directors and one vacancy on the Supervisory Committee. The Nominating Committee has nominated the following persons:
Board of Directors
Mr. Mendell Thompson, 36-month term
Rev. Jerry Ferguson, 36-month term
Mr. Dale Best, CPA, 36-month term
If no more nominations for vacant positions are received than the number of vacant positions, the credit union may, without further action, declare that those nominated and qualified are elected. Please refer to your monthly statement for the full list of rules and regulations to nominate additional candidates. The deadline is March 1, 2017 to receive additional nominations. Our 2016 Annual Business Meeting will be held on Friday, April 21, 2017 at our corporate headquarters in Glendora, CA at 5:30 pm.
We thank you for your membership and for the confidence you continue to place in the friendly, helpful, and professional employees of America’s Christian Credit Union. We wish you a Merry Christmas and we pray that 2017 will be filled with peace and fulfillment for you and yours.
Blessings in Christ,
Mendell L. Thompson