Remote Deposit Capture FAQ
What is Remote Deposit Capture?
Remote Deposit Capture, also known as "RDC", is a service that allows our members to scan or photograph checks and transmit the images to America's Christian CU for posting and clearing. This service eliminates a trip to the branch or ATM to make your deposit, saving you time.
Is RDC safe/secure?
RDC uses the same level of security and encryption standards as online banking, ensuring that member deposits and personal information are completely safe.
Am I eligible to use Remote Deposit – Home or Remote Deposit - Mobile?
You must be a member with an account in good standing for 90 days.
Is there a cost to use RDC?
No, Remote Deposit is a free service offered to you.
How do I access Remote Deposit – Mobile?
Download app from the App Store (iPhone) or Market App (Android). Search for America's Christian Credit Union.
How do I access Remote Deposit – Home?
Login to Online Banking, click "Services" and click "Remote Deposit – Home"
Is RDC right for me?
Everyone who receives checks can benefit from remote deposit capture. With the ability to make deposits from anywhere at any time, it's faster, safer, and more convenient than making a trip to a branch or ATM.
How can I enroll into RDC Mobile?
To enroll into RDC, you must first be a member of America's Christian CU. If you are a member, you can enroll by downloading the Remote Deposit – Mobile app from the App Store (iPhone) or Market App (Android). Search for America's Christian Credit Union.
The first time you login you will be prompted to enroll.
Please allow 2 business days for your enrollment to be reviewed and approved
How can I enroll into RDC Home?
To enroll into RDC, you must first be a member of America's Christian CU and enrolled into Online Banking.
From Online Banking, click "Services" and click "Remote Deposit – Home". This will bring you to the site where you can enroll or login. After opting in to the service and agreements, RDC will be available.
Do I need to include a deposit slip with my check?
No, a deposit slip is not required.
How do I verify that a check has been accepted?
To check the status of a deposit, log into the application and click on the 'Review' button. Deposit history for all statuses will be displayed "pending," "rejected," or "accepted."
Can I deposit more than one check at a time?
No, only one check can be deposited at a time.
Can I deposit more than one check per day?
Yes, you can.
If I discover I've entered an incorrect amount for a deposited check, should I Re-deposit the check?
No. The check can only be deposited into Mobile Deposit once. If you've entered the check amount incorrectly, it will most likely be in a pending status awaiting further review. You can verify this by going to 'Review' and viewing the status of the deposit. In many cases a representative will review the deposit and correct the amount, allowing the check to process. However, if you do not see that the check is in a pending status, please contact the credit union at 800.343.6328.
Can I use Remote Deposit to deposit funds to accounts other than America's Christian CU checking or savings accounts?
No. The eligible deposit accounts will appear in the Accounts list.
How quickly will the deposit be credited to my account once the deposit is accepted?
Checks scanned and received by 3 p.m. (PT) Monday - Friday will be posted to your account on the same business day, if there are no issues with your check or it doesn't need to be reviewed for various reasons. Items received after 3 p.m. (PT) on any business day will be posted the next business day. This excludes weekends and holidays.
Do I need to endorse a check submitted with RDC?
Yes. For a check to be accepted, an endorsement is required, just as you would if depositing at the ATM or in a branch. Please include "deposited online" or "remote deposit" on the back of the check.
What types of checks does RDC accept?
Acceptable check types include: personal checks, business checks, money orders, traveler's checks, and cashier's or certified checks drawn from domestic U.S. funds.
Note that Government checks are often problematic and are not recommended for Remote Deposit. We suggest you bring those to the branch to ensure timely availability of your funds.
What types of checks does RDC NOT accept?
Unacceptable check types include:
America's Christian CU Check Drawn on Personal Account
- The deposit of a personal check that is drawn on the same account holder's personal checking at America's Christian CU is PROHIBITED. Deposits of this nature will result in the immediate revocation of this service and may subject you to collection efforts.
Foreign Checks / Foreign Money Orders
- A check or money order that is issued by a financial institution in another country (Canada, France, etc.) may ONLY be deposited by mail to America's Christian CU, PO Box 5100, Glendora, CA 91740
- An altered check is any check that contains evidence of a change (correction fluid, crossed out amounts, etc.) to information on the face of the check. Members with altered checks MUST get a replacement check from the maker before America's Christian CU will accept the deposit.
Stale Dated Checks
- Certain checks contain instructions such as: "Void after 90 days after issue date" or "must be cashed within 6 months of issue date."
- An incomplete item is any item that does not contain signatures of the maker, endorsement signatures, or is missing any of the information required.
- The deposit of any item stamped with a "non-negotiable" watermark is PROHIBITED. Deposits of this nature will result in the immediate revocation of this service and may subject you to collection efforts
What should I do with my check after using RDC?
It is suggested that you retain your check until it has cleared your account. Once cleared, it is a best practice to shred the check. DO NOT mail the check to the credit union.
How long can I view my transaction history?
Transactions can be viewed for 30 days within the RDC application itself, while all approved checks will appear as transactions within home banking beyond that.
If I use both Home and Mobile, will I see my transaction history reflected in both places?
Yes, log on to Remote Deposit – Home or Remote Deposit – Mobile to view the transaction history wherever you originally deposited it.
What devices are compatible with RDC?
- iPhone (v5.1+), Android (v2.2+)
- Panini (Ideal, VisionX, VX15, VX50), Canon (CR-25, CR-55, P150, P215), Digital Check (CX30, TS240), and all TWAIN compliant scanners
- Internet Explorer v6.0+, Safari v4.0+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera
- Windows XP+, OSX 10.6+