As a parent, you instill good moral guidance in your children. Schools will provide a solid education. But financial matters are not always part of the upbringing. Help your children toward a secure future by teaching financial foundations early.
- Available for ages 13-17
- Parent / legal guardian co-signer required on account
- No monthly service fee & no minimum balance requirement
- Only $10 to open - $5 deposit in checking and a one time $5 membership fee
- Pair with a Youth Varsity Savings Account
- Visa Debit Card
- Design Your Own Debit Card
- Debit Alerts
- Over 5,000 nationwide branches
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking
- First box of checks free
- Reorder checks
"As a parent, I wanted to teach my kids how to be financially responsible. I opened a checking with a debit card and transfer their weekly allowance into each account. They are responsible for tracking their money by using their smartphone. They pay for their own items, including clothes. It's amazing the difference this has made. Now they watch for sales and are careful how they spend their money."
Debbie L. – Member
Federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration to $250,000.
Excess coverage up to $200,000 by American Share Insurance.